Warranty Terms & Conditions
1. Certificate of Guarantee
- The following guarantees apply to AlluGuard roller garage doors, subject to correct installation, maintenance and operation:
- AlluGuard roller garage doors are guaranteed against defect of material or workmanship by SWS UK with a parts only warranty for a period of 2 years from the date of original purchase.
- AlluGuard roller garage doors’ exterior finish is guaranteed to provide an effective weatherproof membrane that will resist perforation of the substrate from the weather side due to corrosion for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase.
- Externally fitted reverse roll AlluGuard roller garage doors will resist perforation of the substrate from the weather side due to corrosion for a period of 1 years from the date of purchase.
- AlluDrive motors and the Genesis, Teleco Simple and Teleco Wireless control units are guaranteed for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase.
- Somfy motors and the Rollixo control unit are guaranteed for a period of 5 years from the date of purchase.
- This guarantee is in addition to your legal rights in addition to SWS UK products that may be faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- The following terms apply to all AlluGuard roller garage doors purchased for installation in the UK. The terms shall prevail or be in addition to any agreement between you, the customer, the installer and/or SWS UK.
- SWS UK will replace any components of our products sold as AlluGuard roller garage doors (‘the Product’) where the manufacturing process has resulted in a defect occurring during the period the relevant period specified in clause 1.1, subject to the exceptions and conditions set out in the Conditions of Guarantee below.
2. Conditions of Guarantee
- Any claim under the guarantee must be made by the customer or the installer. Claims must be made to AlluGuard Customer Service at SWS UK Ltd, Hornby Road, Claughton, Lancaster LA2 9LA or by email to email@example.com quoting the date of installation and the name of the installer.
- The Product must have been installed by an AlluGuard approved installer.
- This guarantee does not cover defects which are the result of:
- incorrect installation, not following SWS UK’s instructions;
- incorrect or lack of proper maintenance of the Product in accordance with SWS UK’s maintenance manual;
- incorrect operation of the Product;
- any modifications made to the Product made by anyone other than SWS UK;
- normal wear and tear;
- accidental or malicious damage;
- impact damage or scratches, dents, scuffs or other minor abrasions;
- use or attempted use of non-SWS UK spare parts;
- repairs or attempts at repairs undertaken by any person other than someone specifically authorised by SWS UK
- any failure of masonry or other structures on to which the Product has been fixed.
- This guarantee excludes cover for any consumables such as fuses, light bulbs or batteries.